Counselling and psychotherapy can help you resolve life issues and create strategies and supports for positive change. Through a therapeutic process that promotes self-awareness, healing, integration and personal growth, clients develop a greater capacity for full and healthy living.
Couple counselling is helpful for couples who want to:
- create healthier patterns of relating,
- heal from a relationship crisis,
- develop greater fulfillment in their relationship, and/or
- have support in making relationship decisions and transitions
When couples first come to see me, one or both partners have a concern about their relationship but have been unable to resolve it on their own. There may be a specific dynamic in the relationship that is problematic. Other times, there are events that have occurred that have caused hurt or crisis in the relationship.
In each scenario, I work with the couple to:
- identify and interrupt negative dynamics in the relationship,
- develop healthier patterns of communication,
- listen to and re-discover one another,
- deepen their understanding of themselves and each other in the relationship, and
- strengthen the capacity of their relationship so issues can be resolved effectively
My approach is focused on the relationship as my client; hence I am not a mediator between two individuals. I serve as a facilitator, coach and therapist to the relationship. I am committed to helping partners develop a respectful, healthy and mature base from which their hurts and problems can then be resolved.